Formerly, dentures and bridges were used to remedy the situation presented by missing teeth. But now dental implants, like our restorative dental implants in Miami Lakes and Pembroke Pines, have become the preferred solution, as long as a well-trained tooth replacement expert is carrying out the procedure.
When we are missing a tooth or a number of teeth, our bite is affected. Even our speech is affected. And most of all our confidence is affected. This loss could be due to dental extractions or an injury from an accident or periodontal disease.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a prosthetic surgical fixture to replace your missing teeth. It is an artificial titanium metal root that is placed inside the hole of the missing tooth, right inside the jawbone beneath the gums. The metal root is left in the jaw for a few months until it fuses with the jaw. The body does not reject the titanium root as being an alien part of the body because the titanium integrates well with the jawbone and perfectly mimics a natural tooth.
This dental implant serves as a foundation in preparation for installing a replacement tooth or a bridge.
Advantages Of Dental Implants in Miami
There are many good reasons why you should go for dental implants in Miami Lakes and Pembroke Pines and not dentures or bridges.
- They are permanent and immovable. Dental implants are very firm and solid and act as unshakable support for the replacement crown or bridge. They are also permanently fixed in your jaw and do not need to be pulled out and placed in. Unlike conventional bridges and dentures, they do not shift when you smile or laugh or eat.
- They protect your jawbone. When you are missing a tooth or teeth, your jawbone deteriorates because there is no natural tooth to support the jawbone. This could raise even more health issues. With dental implants, your jawline is unaltered and retains its firmness and strength.
- It’s easier to move your jaw. You no longer need to worry about your dentures falling out of your mouth while talking or about having difficulty chewing your food. Your speech will not be slurred. Dental implants do not cause pain and do not slide, so you can engage in normal activities and even enjoy them.
- They boost your oral health. They eliminate the need to chisel off parts of the adjacent teeth in search of a support system. This leaves your own teeth intact and unaltered, unlike as is usually the case with bridges.
- They are durable. They are built to last a very long time, even throughout your lifetime. However, you must be careful to clean and take care of them per the cosmetic dentist’s orders.
- They restore your confidence. An altered jawline will definitely be a big blow to your self-esteem and your mood because your smile will also change and you will be ever conscious of the awkwardness of your missing teeth or your dentures. Dental implants make you forget you ever had missing teeth, and your confident smile is restored.
Who Should Get A Dental Implant?
Healthy gums and strong bones are required for a dental implant, and you must be willing to commit to regular dental checkups and dedicated dental care.
If you are not healthy enough for dental surgery or an extraction, you should consider postponing a dental implant for the meantime until your health is restored. If you’ve just had radiation therapy or you have a chronic disorder, the cosmetic dentist should be in the picture so that a proper evaluation can be given.
If you’re ready to change your life, our experts are ready to provide all the knowledge you need to make an informed decision and restore your smile with a dental implant in Miami Lakes and Pembroke Pines. Give us a call and talk with our dental specialists and tell them about your most recent health history.